Monday, August 24, 2009

Food and Furniture

Okay, so I never went to the Palm Palace and no one went to the Old Market...plans change.

What I have done over the last couple days is learn more about our curriculum (I have to know mine and everyone else's from pre-kindergarten to grade 4!) and attack my library which is now starting to look like more than a jumble of junk in a room.



A bunch of us went to the Hardrock Cafe over the weekend...it's like going home for an hour or two! And for the month of Ramadan all prices are half off! I knew it was the place for me when I saw a guitar from the band Rush (go Canada!) up on the wall. Also on the walls are Richie Sambora's guitar (he's from Bon Jovi's band) and Elvis.


I went grocery shopping with Gabrielle last night. I got food and a new pillow and matress pad...my bed feels like a bed again! We had a really patient Bangladeshi cabbie with whom we had one hell of time finding our way home...in our defense, Kuwait has no civic numbers and everything looks the same. Good times...


We have an Iftar dinner tomorrow night to "break the fast", I think it's at the Crown Plaza or some such fancy place.


Right now I'm about to go over the different curriculum (what is the plural form of curriculum anyway?) I have meetings for tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment